Some Things About Us
Men of Purpose (MoP) was born out of a desire to see Christian Professionals and Businessmen develop Godly character, and to equip them to influence their world for Christ.
The founder Mr. George Mugwe Maina, a microfinance professional is the men’s ministry leader in his local church and it is out of his experience with the men that he found out that men need a place to open up, a place where they could say what they needed to say and not be judged. A place to be trained, equipped, and sent out.
- Raising a Christian Men’s Movement all over the country.
- Build Sustainable Men’s Discipleship Groups.
- Organize Training Courses, Seminars, Conferences and Retreats that shall equip Men.
- Outreach, Mentoring and Creating Wealth Creation Opportunities.
Where are the men (fathers)?
Sunday Nation on 18th August 2013-Research shows:
- 6 out of 10 Kenyan women likely to be single mothers before reaching 45 yrs. Highest in Africa.
- Kenya has highest number of children born out of wedlock. 30% giving birth before marriage.
- The truth is few women would want to raise their children alone.
- Most boys raised by single mothers long to know who their fathers are.
- To confront real issues facing men.
- Re-connect men to God by presenting the gospel of Christ without apology.
- Mentorship and Personal Development.
- Create opportunity networks for breakthrough.
- Equip men to live in integrity.
- Leadership development to make an impact.
- Challenge men to find their purpose in life.